What does being a Member of Cloughjordan Community Farm mean?
By being a member, making consistent fixed payments, you are;
- Availing of nutritionally dense vegetables, unavailable anywhere else.
- Creating Food Security – making local jobs to provide you with food for now and into the future.
- Creating Food Sovereignty – by saving a lot of our own seeds we are independent of Large Seed Companies.
- Reducing your waste packaging – bring and reuse your own bags.
- Reducing the mileage your food travels to your plate.
- Able to have access to high quality seasonal produce 7 days a week.
- Able to choose what you want and the amount that suits your needs.
- Supporting others in your community who need to pay a reduced rate.
- Nourishing the children of your community, as kids go free.
- Able to appreciate and stock up on the abundant times – pickle, dry or freeze for later in the year.
- Balance out farm – treating your dinner guests throughout the year, with your annual holidays.
- Connect with Community – come and volunteer on the farm, the Board, the Co-ordinating body or just celebrate with us at our different events.
- Get reduced rates on, eggs and meat in 2016.
- Supporting biodiversity which is abundant and cherished on our farm.
- Supporting the educational aspect of the farm – EVS volunteers, school and college visits, work placements, woofers, farm tours.
- Enabling the workshops, demonstrations and celebrations to take place on the farm, e.g. Horse Ploughing Events
- Able to have your say in how the farm is run.
- Supporting micro businesses which are supported by the farm – Bee hives, apple pressing, eggs. Maybe herbal teas and tinctures in the future?
To join, download our membership application form click here
Membership rates are calculated based on household size..
€69.33 per adult per month
And children go free!