VACANCY - ASSISTANT VEGETABLE FARMER
FULL TIME/FLEXIBLE (36HRS PER WEEK) CONTRACT
Cloughjordan Community Farm is inviting applications for the role of Assistant Vegetable Farmer. Based in North Tipperary within the environs of Cloughjordan Ecovillage, our Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) Farm is looking for an assistant farmer to take our growing community enterprise forward into the 2020s. As Ireland’s first CSA and still the biggest example of its kind, we are keen to source someone dynamic, energetic and flexible, who cares about biodiversity and soil health and, most importantly, is committed to implementing chemical free, sustainable farming methods.
The focus of the food producing role on our Community Farm involves:
· Creating a sustainable, reduced-carbon system of food production that will improve the biodiversity and quality of soil on the land
· Maintaining an ethical, ecologically advanced approach to working with the land
· Promoting seed saving and implementing new techniques and experimental growing in response to climate change
Assisting the Lead Farmer with the running of the Farm; this includes:
1. Production: propagation, planting, irrigation, cultivation.
2. Co-managing Workers and Volunteers. We have a team of 8 volunteers.
3. Maintaining a healthy, open and informative relationship with the Community and Community Farm Members.
4. Planning for the future and improving growing methods for resilience in the face of climate change
5. *Training and upskilling: you are encouraged to access ongoing paid training as part of this work.
*You will also receive guidance and training in your role from the Lead Farmer.
Agricultural training and experience
Experience in farm machinery use and tractor driving with full license (2 years experience preferable)
The ability to work within a team
Additional Useful Skills:
Good communication skills
Willingness to learn new skills and approaches
Interest in ecology, biodiversity and soil health
If you would like to apply please submit your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before 12pmWednesday 26th February 2020
For queries – Please email email@example.com