Cloughjordan Community Farm is recruiting for the Open Food...Read More
Cloughjordan Community Farm is a member-owned farm on the Tipperary Offaly border using biodynamic and organic farming methods, we aim to produce the highest quality, nutritionally dense vegetables, while also reducing the environmental impact of producing this food.
Since we started in 2008, we’ve been supplying fresh produce daily to over 70 households in the area. The money gathered from members is used to pay our farmers a salary, to purchase seeds and equipment and to lease the land we farm. Everything that comes off the land then belongs to the members. Members also have free or low cost access to all of our training and educational events. Our primary goal is to provide the most nutritionally complete vegetables and fruit possible. Vegetables grown in healthy, nutrient rich soil taste amazing! ..this makes being a part of Cloughjordan Community Farm a unique experience, as members are directly connected to the source of your food. We know the people who grow our food and can explore the place it came from with weekly harvest reports, farm news, member volunteer days, workshops and farm visits.
During Covid-19 crisis Cloughjordan Community Farm is keeping the utmost standards of hygiene. When collecting produce all members must adhere to safety sanitation protocols, keeping a 2 meter social distance.
If you require delivery to your home during the Covid-19 crisis please contact Tamara on 086 354 4768
Social Media NeWS
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Members pay a regular contribution to cover administration, running costs and wages of our growers. In return we all receive a regular supply of farm fresh vegetables in season, delivered twice a week to a central collection point. We also arrange regular farm walks, community meals and educational events. Check out our Facebook and Twitter feed to keep up to date with what’s happening. Membership rates are calculated based on household size. Monthly Rate: €69.33 per adult per month, and children go free!
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE A MEMBER OF CLOUGHJORDAN COMMUNITY FARM?
There are so many reasons to get involved in Community Supported Agriculture. If you are in the Cloughjordan area – join us!
Everything that comes off the farm land belongs to the members. Members also have free or low cost access to all of our training and educational events. We host social events, community meals and quarterly meetings where you have the opportunity to meet the producers and other farm members. Our vegetables are grown in healthy, nutrient rich soil and taste amazing, this makes being a part of Cloughjordan Community Farm a unique experience, as you will be directly connected to the source of your food. You’ll hear from the people who grow it and can explore the place it came from with weekly harvest reports and farm visits.
- members commit to supporting the farm through the year
- have access to all the farm produce, including seasonal vegetables, salads, herbs and fruits
- the farm produce is delivered to the coach house on Main Street on Monday and Thursday
- collect from the coach house according to your needs
- receive weekly harvest reports, informing you of farm news and member events
- join other members at farm events, celebrations and quarterly meetings
OUR VISION IS:
- to grow, distribute and consume food from a local member owned farm
- to provide a wide variety of seasonal vegetables, salads, herbs and fruits to farm members at a local distribution point
- to grow to organic farming standards, without the use of pesticides, herbicides, fungicides or artificial fertilisers.
- to grow heritage varieties, to save our own seeds and to enrich the soil using biodynamic methods
- to providing local employment and include a variety of volunteer effort
- to be an educational and social resource for the local and wider community