Seasonal Food – Winter
A few recipes for the season!
A number of people participating in the Sauerkraut making sessions have asked ‘what do you do with cabbage?’ So here are a few recipes that take advantage of our seasonal vegetables using cabbage.
- Rustic Cabbage Potato and White Bean Soup.. http://www.simple-veganista.co
- Red Cabbage Recipes – with bacon.. https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/vegetables-recipes/must-try-red-cabbage-braised-with-apple-bacon-and-balsamic-vinegar/
- Vegetarian Red Cabbage– https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3064/braised-red-cabbage-with-cider-and-apples
- Bacony Brussel Sprouts – Ignore the advertising at the beginning of the page. This is a recipe that can be made outdoors or indoors.. mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?zx=6743xheuqghn#inbox/15f98160dbd1da70
- Brussel Sprouts with Parmesan Cream.. http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/brussels-sprouts-parmesan-cream
Kales – Hungry Gap, Black kale and Scarlet
Salads – 1 box of spicy mix and 1 mild
Spinach (1 box)
Sauerkraut and coleslaw cabbage – going away soon! These are the long pointy ones that have been cut up to more useable sizes.
Purple sprouting broccoli
Delicata Squash – This is the yellow squash with green stripes.
Green Tomatoes – you can pop these on a sunny window ledge and they will ripen slowly
Flat and curly parsley
Cilantro (Coriander leaf)