Cloughjordan Community Farm is a member-owned farm on the Tipperary Offaly border using biodynamic and organic farming methods, we aim to produce the highest quality, nutritionally dense vegetables. Since we started in 2008, we’ve been supplying fresh produce daily to over 70 households in the area. The money gathered from members is used to pay our farmers a salary, to purchase seeds and equipment and to lease the land we farm. Everything that comes off the land then belongs to the members. Members also have free or low cost access to all of our training and educational events.
Our Vision is:
- to grow, distribute and consume food from a local member owned farm
- to provide a wide variety of seasonal vegetables, salads, herbs and fruits to farm members at a local distribution point
- to grow to organic farming standards, without the use of pesticides, herbicides, fungicides or artificial fertilisers.
- to grow heritage varieties, to save our own seeds and to enrich the soil using biodynamic methods
- to providing local employment and include a variety of volunteer effort
- to be an educational and social resource for the local and wider community
We receive support from: